Why is this a game changer?
Predicts arising faults
With real-time sensors and AI (Artificial Intelligence) fueled by Machine Learning, RMD’s system automatically predicts and classifies upcoming faults in the rail and in the rolling stock – something that was impossible before RMD.
Detects acute faults within seconds
If an acute fault is imminent, like a wheel flat, RMD’s system detected this within seconds, giving the train driver a warning to stop the train in time to avoid extensive damage to the railway – and a prolonged stop of the rail traffic.
Reduces risk of costly derailments
In Europe 600 open line freight train derails every year, each to a cost of in average €750,000, excluding indirect costs. In the USA, the total costs of derailments are about €400 million per year. With RMD’s real-time monitoring, the risk for derailments is greatly reduced.
Avoids expensive repairs with predictive maintenance
With live updates about component health and predictions about upcoming faults, it becomes possible to forecast maintenance needs and perform maintenance just in time. Therefore, you also avoid expensive repairs – resulting in lower costs and maximised runtime.
More reliable and profitable transports
Recurrent train delays with late travellers, expensive replacement traffic and downtimes in business production due to missed deliveries, will all be a part of the past through the help of RMD’s system. And, with more punctual and efficient transports the profits increase.
Our platform provides an array of advantages
All parts of the RMD system are optimised for its purpose – and it is constantly developed and improved.
- Well-tested technology – in a unique application. Based on proven technology, for the first time used to make real-time analyses.
- Highly resilient sensor. A sensor developed to withstand harsh environments with a whooping six years battery life.
- Machine Learning Lab. Continuously improvements of algorithms through a Machine Learning Lab.
- Standard compliant. Compliant with RailNet Europe’s technical standard Common Interface.
The RMD system is developed with accessible data in mind.
- Easily accessible information. Customer customised digital interface.
- App for train drivers. My Train gives the driver information and warnings in real time.
- Data sharing. Data can be shared with external systems.
With RMD’s system, there are several other possibilities, other than real-time monitoring.
- Never lose track of a carriage. An integrated GPS keeps track of the railway carriages.
- Wagon registration. Replaces handwritten notes with digital wagon registration.
- Trailer lock indicator. Prevents accidents due to faults in the locking of the king pin.
- Eco-driving support. Real-time feedback helps the driver to achieve a more economical and effective driving technique.